COMPANY IN THE NEWS
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Celebrates “National Check Your Transmission Day” Today on Oct. 21
- National Check Your Transmission Day
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Unveils Four New Auto Care Videos
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Reveals Crucial Vehicle Upkeep Tips for National Car Care Month
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Celebrates “National Check Your Transmission Day” Oct. 21
- Cottman’s Blog Does It Again: Number 14 of the Top 33 Helpful Blogs for Repair and Maintenance
- Cottman’s Blog Reaches Top 100 Auto Repair and Maintenance Blogs for Mechanics and Car Owners
- dotCOMM Awards Recognizes Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Honored with Platinum Award
- As Auto Sales Dip, Aftermarket Specialists have the Chance to Shine
- Cottman Honored with Hermes Gold Award for Educational Video Series
- Explaining the Problem
- Cottman Recognized by Top Crowd-Sourced Customer Review Site
- Cottman Wins Two Telly Awards for Transmission Physician Educational Video Series
- Cottman Gathers for 2017 Convention to Celebrate and Reflect on the Years Achievements
- Introducing…The Women of Cottman
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Digital Marketing Campaign Launches “Transmission Physician” for Drivers
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Transmission Repair Tips – What Is A Fail Safe?
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Transmission Repair Tips – Value Of A 10 Day Recheck
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Transmission Repair Tips – It May Not Be The Transmission
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Transmission Repair Tips – Checking The ATF
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Transmission Repair Tips – Why Are Transmissions So Expensive
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care – Should I Choose one Repair Shop or Take my Car to the one that Offers the Best Price?
- Understanding Antilock Brakes (ABS)
- Get the Most Out of Your Car: Read the Owners Manual!
- Cottman Man Warns Of Distracted Driving Risks
- How Do I Know If My Car Needs Shocks?
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Deepens Commitment to Communities it Serves
- What Are “Normal” Driving Conditions?
- Tips During National Car Care Month Can Keep You Driving Trouble Free
Care Tips & Latest NEWS
Visit Our Blog to Find Tips On Keeping Your Car Running Smooth
2011 Cadillac SRX Timing Chain Issues and Engine Replacement
The vehicle came in due to timing chain issues. Once we did our diagnostics we found that when we started the vehicle it squealed and knocked. The customer’s squealing and knocking noise is determined to be coming from the bottom end of the engine. During timing inspection we pulled all spark plugs and found that the engine […]
Torque Converter Shudder Correction
This is a 6T70 transmission that we rebuilt out of a 2016 Chevy Traverse due to torque converter shudder. Torque converter shudder is a vibration/shaking that occurs when a vehicle is accelerating. It is most commonly felt in the steering wheel and is caused by a problem with the torque converter locking up and releasing […]
Clean ’66 Pontiac GTO in for Repair Leaks found and repaired on this mint, vintage, ride.
Look at this beauty, it’s a 1966 Pontiac GTO. It came in due to several leaks that needed to be fixed. Our technician, Albie, led the charge in performing a complete vehicle diagnostic on it. We found that the transmission pan was leaking, the driver side valve cover had a small leak, also the lower […]