Cottman of Columbia’s Update To Coronavirus
Updated April 14th 2020
Dear Customers, Visitors, Family & Friends
Though we are taking extreme precautions to mitigate any risks of the pandemic caused by COVID-19 for our customers and staff, we have still received many questions and wished to proactively address how we are responding:
- As of this writing, we are still open for business at our physical office location.
- All touchable areas of your vehicle are being sanitized before and after any work is done.
- Our small staff has implemented the CDC guidelines of ‘social distancing’ and zero-touch in-person meetings along with washing hands thoroughly and regularly.
- For any customer who prefers no face to face contact, we offer a key drop box with envelopes.
- That way you can lock your car & describe what is needed.
- You can pay by phone and pick up your vehicle at your convenience.
- Business personnel have been busy with extra cleanings of the office and other high-touch areas.
- We will immediately implement any new CDC guidelines as this pandemic unfolds.
There are simple things the CDC recommends you do to help keep yourself and others healthy while visiting our location:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
We will continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and make every attempt to keep you informed. Emergency notifications to staff and patients will be conducted through our emergency communication channels including text notifications, telephone calls, and communicated directly to customers.
For updated information on this rapidly changing situation, please visit the CDC website here: http://bit.ly/39TQIyg
Cottman of Columbia